4.18.2011

A GREEN BEAN THING!

What makes me happy? Seeing GREEN does! Our local supermarkets have begun to carry so many wonderful spring greens lately including gorgeous green beans. Terrific sides that can be prepared in a variety of ways, then refrigerated and served with just about any meal, including of course sandwiches.

Green beans come in many colors, sizes and varieties, they're full of vitamins like A, B, C, E, K and minerals including phosphorus, calcium and magnesium. PLUS they add a beautiful aesthetic for your plate.
I some times saute them in

* a little oil with
* a teaspoon of butter
* freshly chopped onions
* garlic
* jalapeno peppers
* salt and pepper to taste making them almost a meal in and of themselves.
* Saute everything but the beans first to bring out the onion, garlic and pepper flavors, then add the chopped green beans and cook them al dente so that they're still firm and have a little crunch to them.
Any way you slice them, not matter what color, length or variety, green beans are pretty terrific. Put them in soups, salads, stews or poo poo platters, it doesn't matter because they go with just about everything.

4 comments:

  1. We called this long beans here! And the other shorter one called green beans. Thanks for the simple dish. Have a great week ahead, dear.
    Blessings, Kristy
    p/s am sending my condolence to the ppl around the disaster area caused by the twister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to serve beans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I made a pot yesterday, and am eating them night and day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could saute a dog biscuit in that list of yummies and I'd eat it! I'm not big on green beans but I think I've found the way to love them!

    ReplyDelete

My Word Verification is set to "NO" for your convenience. Please join me and turn yours off too, use Comment Moderation instead.